niedziela, 14 grudnia 2014

Weymouth colour-blocking (and some musings about Polish Christmas)


So, Christmas is approaching faster than I can keep up with this year. I am off to Poland next Saturday, and as such need to get a bunch of things here sorted before I embark onto that lovely crowded over priced Ryanair flight. Making Polish food. Making other people try my Polish food. Decorating the house. Making sure Harvey the Hedgehog will be well looked after when I'm gone. Banking things. Packing. Christmas shopping (ARGH).
May I just add at this point that whilst Christmas seems to approaching at the speed of light, delivery companies do not seem to be coping with taking on the role of Santa. All of my deliveries (all things for other people, promise...) have been unbearably slow this year. I ordered a dress for my work Christmas party and gave it a week to arrive. It arrived the day AFTER the Christmas party. Sadly I cannot go back in time and wear it, so I am now stuck with a rather gorgeous but hugely impractical short gold sparkly dress. I am not yet sure how I am going to make it wearable to any other occasion than a Christmas do but WATCH THIS SPACE.

This post, however, was not meant to be about a gold sparkly dress. I had to do bits of Christmas shopping yesterday, including a trip to the local Polish shop in search of pierogi. Sadly they didn't have any but I did manage to get some borscht and uszka which I am planning on feeding to my boyfriend on Thursday, before I go away for Christmas. Uszka literally mean 'little ears' and are a type of small dumplings filled with forest mushrooms. You put them in your borscht and believe me, they are DELICIOUS.
Since the day was very sunny, I decided to wear an ASOS dress that I bought back in July (it's still on the website but seems to be sold out at the moment). I promise I don't always wear summer clothes in winter though- I bought this dress when it went on sale because it's one of those rare dresses that actually have long sleeves and are therefore wearable for longer than about 3 weeks of the year. It didn't quite fit me though when I got it but I kept it anyway thinking that maybe I'll squeeze into it at some point- and it's good job I tried before rather than after Christmas. So I wore it to work last week and had lots of compliments. Since this is another budget dress (11 pounds I believe), I thought I would share it with you. I accessorised it with red stilettos (which are a story in themselves as they took about 3 months to arrive in Weymouth) and a red leather hand bag (which was a present from my Mum, and therefore comes from Poland and I am sadly unable to trace it...). I only realised later that I made myself look a little bit like the Union Jack Which is maybe slightly unusual when you're going shopping for Polish things...?








Dress- ASOS
Shoes- Amazon
Bag- Polish present!



I really loved how many sunny days we've had here this year- when I moved to Weymouth last year, it rained pretty much incessantly all through the autumn and winter, which often forced me to wear really fabulous things such as massive rain coats and boring waterproof shoes. This year however, has been very fashion friendly thus far.
I shall be off now to research other Polish dishes and ways to accessorize a gold sparkly dress. Perhaps the next post will feature me cooking Polish delicacies in a short spangly number. Who knows. Until then, enjoy your Christmas preparations!

Much Dorset love,

Your Red Haired Gal

xoxo




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz