poniedziałek, 8 grudnia 2014

Portland rock climbing in stilettos


Hello, the internet and all you lovely people who may have stumbled upon this blog (is anybody there???).
Here I am, posting the first lot of pictures of me wearing clothes. This may seem like a weird way to spend your time- a somewhat strange hobby to pick up, particularly if you live in a place which isn’t exactly renowned for its high fashion (I do) and you have a full time job being an educator and teaching youngsters about the values of a beautiful, developed mind (love every bit of it).
If, however, you are anything like me, you will also realise that a true love of fashion knows no bounds- and doesn't this sound like quite a statement. Remote location? Excellent. Let’s get shopping online, bewilder my housemate with an onslaught of packages arriving through the door, and then use that remote scenery to take some rather lovely pictures. And fashion… well frankly I cannot think of many things as amazingly artistic and endlessly inspiring. Who said that a teacher in a somewhat remote seaside town in South Dorset can’t look glam? Not me, I can promise you that. It is clear and certain as the fact that I was FREEZING taking off my furry coat whilst standing on some rocks and posing for pictures in the middle of December. This is what happens when you try to give your little white dress a winter spin. However, I loved the monochrome look with the black boots and the old white and black cardigan so much that I just couldn't quite resist it.
I bought the dress from Zara last summer-it was on sale and cost me perhaps £10. Due to its absolute cuteness, it quickly became one of my favourite outfits EVER. I accessorized it with a Primark belt (that’s the things around me which looks like a miniature corset). Wore it all summer- the evidence is the picture of me accessorizing the very same dress with some shades and lavender- I promise you even I wasn't insane enough to try that (and smile!) in winter. Sadly, summer days are now but a distant memory. I wasn't quite ready to part with my lovely white dress though so decided to pop on a cardi (this is a really old one and I have no idea where it comes from… the high street is full of monochrome knitted cuties though), add a pair of knee high black boots- and OH MY GOD, don’t you all just LOOOOOVE knee high boots? I am obsessed… these ones are Kurt Geiger by the way- a furry coat (New Look, currently on sale) et voila! You, Marika, are now ready for wintery rock climbing on a remote island. YES.
I also added an old Zara clutch which handily combines the animal print/ monochrome thing I've got going on here... THANK YOU ZARA.
Anyway, enjoy the pics- and if I can offer a piece of advice, don’t *actually* try rock climbing like I did in those stilettos. In hindsight, I think maybe functioning knees and ankles might be quite helpful for looking glam.

Much Dorset love,

Your Red Haired Gal
xoxo











And finally, as promised a summery picture of the same dress- taken in Exeter last July.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz